Back to main site
Statement of Faith
- In the verbal and plenary inspiration of the Bible, and that it is inerrant in its original autographs. It is the only and sufficient authority for all matters of faith and practice.
- In one God eternally existing in three equal Persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In Jesus Christ, true God and true man, the Creator, and Sustainer of the Universe; His virgin birth; His sacrificial death; His bodily resurrection from the dead; His ascension into Heaven; His present work of intercession with the Father on behalf of believers; and His imminent return to receive His church, to establish His kingdom and eventually to judge the world.
- In the creation of man in the image and likeness of God; that man fell from his original state as a result of his sin; and that by inheritance all men are sinners, totally depraved, at enmity with God and hopeless without Christ.
- In salvation solely through the grace of Jesus Christ who is the only Way, Truth and Life; that men are saved through His sacrificial, substitutionary death and resurrection; and that salvation is by faith and cannot be earned by works.
- In the deity and personality of the Holy Spirit who convicts man of his sin and the need to be born again. Works of the Holy Spirit at the moment of salvation include regeneration, baptism into the body of Christ, sealing, indwelling, and enabling for service through spiritual gifts. Ongoing works of the Spirit in the life of the believer include illumination of the Scriptures and sanctification.
- In the invisible Church, the universal body of all those who have exercised saving faith in Jesus Christ; and that believers should not forsake the assembling of themselves together in a local body which teaches clearly the Word of God.
- In two ordinances of the Church; water baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- In the personification of evil in Satan and his demons.
- In the everlasting salvation of the saved and in the everlasting, conscious punishment of the lost.